WACOT Limited , a company wholly owned by TGI Group, operates in the agricultural sector of the Nigerian economy. Our business activities include but are not limited to rice milling, soya milling, production of fertilizer and agro-chemicals, sesame hulling which are exported to Asia and Europe, trading in grains such as maize, sorghum and groundnuts. We currently support the production of crops such as soya, rice, sesame, cotton, and maize as part of our out-growers initiative. Added to this, WACOT has several MOU’s in place to aid it contribution to the fastest growing Nigerian sector- agriculture.
Our employees have the chance to develop highly rewarding careers while making contributions in their communities.
The Job : Mechanical Technician
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- We seek an experienced Mechanical Technician to be based in Sagamu
- Ensure stipulated machines/equipment are well maintained and available for production operation as per Maintenance schedule in line with production schedule and set targets for a quality equipment and maintenance that guarantees food safety.
- Conduct preventive & repair maintenance and other recommended maintenance programmes in line with the checklists and schedules and as required to keep the equipment in good working condition that will ensure food safety.
- Monitor equipment as per checklist on all stipulated machines, document findings & recommend actions to be taken.
- Lubricate the machineries
- Ensure all safety sensors, reflector & safety controls are in good working condition.
- Conduct periodical maintenance on electrical panels and other electrical components.
- Ensure all machine frame structure, bolts, nuts, fittings and frame legs remain rigid and in correct position.
- Correct all reported faults & rectify all operational malfunction on stipulated machines during the shift operation. Ensure equipment is available for production on schedule.
- Ensure acceptable level of cleanliness in dressing and immediate work area in line with Good Housekeeping Practice
- Ensure the compliance to good manufacturing practice, food safety practice, good environmental management system, occupational Health and Safety practices in all line activities.
- ND in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience preferably in the food industry
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
How To Apply