Deadline : 16th March,2019.
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in collaboration with International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is implementing a Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprise in the Niger Delta States (LIFE-ND).
To facilitate implementation of the project, the partners want qualified and competent personnel to fill the position below:
Administration and Logistics Officer (ADM)
Location : Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Contract (1 year)
Unit/Office: Project Coordination
- The Administration and Logistics Officer will be responsible for setting up and streamlining administrative procedures as provided in the Project Administrative Manual. He reports to the Project Coordinator.
- Facilitate the development of the Project Administrative Manual.
- Set up the administrative system as provided in the Project Administrative Manual.
- Advise the RPC in all areas of administration as well as participate in administrative planning in consultation with management staff to support project activities.
- Liaise with other project staff, IEAD projects and ICO Nigeria for compliance with respect to communities of practice.
- Set up employee database and prepare other reports stipulated in the Manual.
- Initiate recruitment procedures of both local staff and consultants, and raise contracts.
- Manage performance evaluation, reward, training and leave of staff.
- Manage travel arrangements, all logistics arrangements for project activities, vehicles maintenance and fuel log, retirement of claims.
- Manage grounds/offices and timely maintenance of infrastructure and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with security guidelines.
- Undertake other related duties as may be required.
Reporting and Location
- The position will be in the RPCO located in Port Harcourt. The ADM will report directly to the PC.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (Bachelor’s) in Business, Public Administration or Human Resources Management.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience in Administration or 3 years’ experience and a Master’s degree in the above fields.
- Must have experience in human resource management and coordination of trainings.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and achieve results. i.e. Integrity and confidentiality.
- Planning, problem solving and decision-making skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English and knowledge of at least one indigenous language.
Click here for more information @Agricsquare