The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carryout installation and ensuring proper functioning of voice network (IP PBX);
- Constantly monitor the internet system operation to detect potential problems;
- Assist in installing, upgrading and maintain all LAN items, support LANs & WANs, network segments, internet and intranet systems;
- Assist in maintaining system efficiency and ensure design of system and allow all its components to work properly;
- Configure and install system and set up new users;
- Setup projectors, printers, photocopiers, digital cameras, etc for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings;
- Troubleshoot technical problems with mobile subscription and IP phone;
- Ensure satellite phone are working and SIM cards are activated at all times;
- Ensure good asset management of ICT equipment’s at the offices and update asset register and inventory tracking system with the Logistics and Administrative Officers;
- setup/configure new user E-mail;
- Install antivirus and maintain its upgrade with staff;
- Ensure availability of LAN for all offices, determine platform, interface and bandwidth needs;
- Assist in installing and troubleshooting all hardware problems following designs or installation specification and resolve IT issues for staff remotely and on Mac, Windows and Linux OS;
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposal of ICT equipment;
- Make recommendations for future upgrades of network systems, equipment/gadget;
- Assist in maintaining network management platform and ensure Lan security integrity and system security ensuring frequent software updates, antivirus update and patches;
- Administer servers, desktop and laptop computer, printer, routers, switches, firewall, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment;
- Assist in training staff on new software and application when necessary;
- Provide activity/progress report to Station Manager on all aspect of ICT operations;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- National Diploma in Computer Science or related field with minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Ability to troubleshoot ICT equipment problems and repair accordingly.
- Considerable knowledge of networking.
- Good knowledge of software installation and maintenance.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Click here to see fulll job vacancy information.