How to start profitable snail farming in Nigeria

good day i am new here

1 Like

I am interested in smaillery. How can I get the species suitable to buy apart from trapping or picking them. I have all other things required. Thanks

1 Like

@Igbamierun_Adeinbu…Well, it is advisable to get snails directly from the bush, gardens or forest instead of buying from the market after they have been exposed to sunlight and have dehydrated. This is because snails drink a lot of water, so are easily dehydrated and this stresses them out, and reduces their fertility capacity.

Another method could be to pick up snail eggs littered in the market place where it is sold and through a technique, check the fertility of the eggs, because some of them must have lost fertility due to the exposure to sunlight.

What other things do you require?

Welcome to the community @fathersam…Good to have you here. What areas in agriculture are you interested in?

1 Like

Please i need full information about Snail Farming.

1 Like

Hello @Olanipekunolayide222, Let’s share some articles to guide you on snail farming:

I hope this helps out…:wink:

Thanks for the write up. It’s very informative.
My question is don’t they fall sick, and how can the farmer prevent or control it? Thank you

1 Like

How do one check the fertility of the eggs? Thank you

1 Like

I started but have to stop due to soldier ants attacks, it is a good investment but everything must be right from inception.

1 Like

Is there a sample of a snailery I can copy? Pictures etc. Would love to start small.

1 Like

@akintof Here is a sample as requested…:slightly_smiling_face:

snailery

How long does it take for a snail to grow to full size?

@Khrisbukz The eggs hatch releasing snails about 4 mm long, snails grow up to 10 mm per month. After 6 months, the Achatina fulica is about 35 mm long and may already be sexually mature.

Thank you for this. Is there a snailery I can visit?

1 Like

Yes, Yes, It is actually one of the few agri-businesses you can do as a student.

Hi everyone

I am Jennifer.

Today I would be sharing with you information on how you can ensure maximum profits from your farm produce.

Ever since creation, God embedded us with fertile land for varying activities. These activities included farming which is the backbone of every nation. Human activities such as deforestation, bush burning, toxic fertilizer, etc, started diminishing the fertility of the soil by eroding the top layer of the soil.

Thanks to aggressive research, NEOLIFE INTL, a leading company associated with the manufacturing and distribution of products for homes, agriculture, gardens and lawns. SUPER GRO was created to restore soil health by reducing the surface tension of water, providing necessary nutrients required for different plants to grow. Especially during harmattan, dry and rainy seasons. This multipurpose agriculture surfactant works well with any crop treatment designed for use with water. SUPER GRO has been proven to be responsible for increased yield in many farms today.

SUPER GRO is highly beneficial in all kinds of farming, it’s eco-friendly and also economical.

In essence, SUPER GRO simplifies farming activities. Get SUPER GRO today for your farm, garden and lawns!

For more information click on the link below
SUPER GRO PAGE

SUPER%20GRO-scale-2

I am excited to tell you guys I just started my snail farming cultivation. It been lovely so far especially with the help of @bookola articles. Thank you so much, will update you on the progress soon.

Wow! I am glad I could help out @Khrisbukz. Here are more articles to guide you properly.

I hope this helps out. We’ll like to see or know more about your snail farming update.

Thank you for the feedback.

Hello,

If you want to go into snail farming business, There are so many company website this days like http://www.virtatrade.com that will enable you as a beginner to raise the fund you need to start up your snail farming business without you seeking for a loan.

This company is where many business dealers from all over the world generate fund that backup their various businesses financially.

I used this company to backup my cocoa beans export business each time my business is running down.

You can visit and register with the company website here http://www.virtatrade.com to raise the fund you need now to go into your snail farming business.

Hello Bookola. Please where can I get like 20 pieces of point of lay Achatina Achatina Snails?