How do you store your Sweet Potatoes?

Sweet potatoes are sweet, starchy root vegetables that are grown worldwide.

They come in a variety of sizes and colors — including orange, white, and purple — and are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber.

How do you store your sweet potatoes?

Here are some tips on how I store my sweet potatoes so they can stay fresh, sweet and delicious whenever your craving strikes:

Follow the proper storage procedures carefully:

• Avoid storing sweet potatoes in the refrigerator, which will produce a hard center and unpleasant taste, Instead, store your sweet potatoes in a cool, dry, well ventilated container. For best results, store them in a basement or root cellar away from strong heat sources.

• Wrap sweet potatoes in old newspapers or paper bag to prevent them from getting rotten easily.

Note: Your sweet potatoes can store for up to two weeks if stored properly.

Did I miss out on anything? So @Everybody please tell us how you store your sweet potatoes.

3 Likes

I leave them out in the open…and make sure they don’t stay too long before I eat them.

1 Like

Thanks so much for this.

Please share how to store irish potatoes and vegetables.

Regards

2 Likes

can they be stored in the freezer? As in frozen?

1 Like

Not at all @janyanti

2 Likes

I need complete guide on how to plant sweet potatoes.

2 Likes

Depends on the vegetable, but the best way to store Irish potatoes is to reduce the moisture in it a little, that is sunning a bit. Before placing it in a cool, and well ventilated area away from heat.

Also place all tubers from onions

1 Like

Get in touch: cheapmarketdeal.gmail.com

I stored my sweet potato up to a month in a dry area on top of sand and well spread. I sprinkle some water on to of the potato weekly to keep the sand a bit moist and dry. The second method used is to sprinkle ashes on the potato and keep in an open dry corner of the store.

3 Likes

You store sweet potato in a dry shaded area away from water and heavy sunshine.

1 Like

If stored in a paper bag won’t it get heated up?

1 Like

Good afternoon! Pls does anyone have an idea of how i can get cashew nut. 100 torns

2 Likes

Yes I know.07066162835

1 Like

They do best at around 45 degrees F, which is about 10 degrees warmer than the average refrigerator. Most of us don’t have a root cellar (a cool, dark place to store root vegetables like potatoes ), so keeping them in a paper bag (in a cooler) spot like a pantry is best.

1 Like

You can try a big hole in the farm. Inside the hole put ash to cover the basement and the body of the hole. Put your sweet potatoes there and cover again with ash. With this you can store for long time like 6 months and sell when the season is over. You can also have opportunity to keep plenty of them. Wash thoroughly before you sell or eat. The ash has not effect on the sweet potatoes.

Abioye, Victoria Olufunke

Babcock University

Ilishan-Remo

1 Like

Please where can I get materials for bee keeping?

1 Like

I kept it in airy place

1 Like

@Ajokeoladoja1 For how long?

I spread them on the floor to avoid quick rotting.

2 Likes

Before storing your sweet potatoes, mind you there are best practices that must go into consideration i.e potatoes must is allowed to stay beyond the recommended period of harvest to prevent disease and pest infestation. Secondly, harvest must be carried out with care, so as to prevent bruise surface on sweet potatoes as the can lead decaying root of sweet potatoes, when all this is practiced sweet potatoes Post harvest lost will be reduced… Thanks, Greetings to Fellow Zero Hunger Heroes.

1 Like