COCCIDIOSIS, AMO FARM Noiler DOCs-Nasarawa State

Coccidiosis is one of the dreaded diseases in poultry.

The truth is, coccidiosis is just always present with your chicks. Whether it is treated or not, it always remain there waiting for an opportunity to wipe out your entire flock.

Most of the signs of coccidiosis are visible which makes it treatable if diagnosed on time and avoid mortalities. However, you can only know these signs of symptoms when you check on your birds often and pays attention to their feeding habit, their poop consistency and their general appearance.

Early sign of coccidiosis is visible food particles in their poop.

Note: at some points when your birds over feeds, it is possible to see some undigested food particles in their feed but, when it is becoming too much like all you see is food particles when they poop, coccidiosis is creeping in.

It is very vital to know that coccidiosis is an intestinal disease that causes digestive imbalance and may even result to severe abdominal pains leading to avoidance of food, indigestion and bleeding in the intestine in severe cases.

Some coccidia cases may also involve greenish poop but this is immediately after the bloody poop. This is the most fatal stage.

How to avoid coccidiosis?

Very easy yet, farmers miss it. I have lost interest and dependency in medics since they don’t even guarantee me treatment or prevention.

Don’t think I’m against medicines or vaccines. No I’m not. I’m only sharing what works for me and I hope it works for you too.

You don’t have to spend too much money to prevent or treat coccidiosis.

That bitter leaf tree at your backyard is all you need.

How to use it?

Go to your backyard and pluck some bitter leaf.

Wash it clean and squeeze it very well to extract the juice.
If you have a blender, you can blend it to paste so you won’t need to filter. It works best when you dont filter as it contains all the particles. Add lime juice or lemon juice to the preparation and serve your birds the water.
40ml/liter.

Copied.

7 Likes

Just that and coccidiosis is gone? Can’t believe ah lost all mi birds with so much bitter leaf and lime around me. Thanks

3 Likes

Hi @ashNikov, It’s a Pleasure.

1 Like

Awesome, what a discovery!