Deadline: 14 May 2019
Nominations are open for 2019 Africa Food Prize which is the preeminent award for recognizing the extraordinary individual or institution whose contributions to African agriculture are forging a new era of sustainable food security and economic opportunity for all Africans.
The Africa Food Prize recognizes extraordinary women, men, and institutions whose outstanding contributions to African agriculture are forging a new era of sustainable food security and economic opportunity that elevates all Africans.
Building on the values and principles established by the Yara Prize, the Africa Food Prize puts a bright spotlight on achievements and innovations that can be replicated across the continent to eliminate hunger and poverty and provide a vital new source of employment and income.
The Prize Committee considers the following criteria for the Prize:
- Contribution to reducing poverty and hunger and/or improving food and nutrition security in measurable terms
- Contribution to providing a vital source of income and/ or employment in measurable terms
- Potential for transformative change through scalability, replication, and sustainability
- Increased awareness and cooperation among African audiences and organizations
- Proven leadership potential of the individual or organization, specifically the ability of the to persevere despite significant challenges or risks
The USD 100,000 prize celebrates Africans who are taking control of the continent’s agriculture agenda and changing the reality of farming in Africa from a struggle to survive to a business that thrives. It puts a bright spotlight on bold initiatives and technical innovations that can be replicated across the continent.
For more information visit agricsquare.com