Deadline: Sunday, March 31st 2019
The United Nations (UN) is inviting nominations for its 2019 Young Champions of the Earth – the organisation’s most prestigious prize for brave environmental entrepreneurs aged between 18 and 30 with a big idea for the world’s future.
Young Champions of the Earth is a forward-looking prize designed to breathe life into the ambitions of brilliant young environmentalists. If you have a bright vision for the future of our planet, apply now to become a Young Champion of the Earth!
In 2019, seven Young Champions of the Earth will be selected from each global region: one from each of Africa, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America, West Asia, and two from Asia and the Pacific.
Successful applicants would be required to travel internationally to attend the Champions of the Earth Award Ceremony, an entrepreneurship boot camp and educational tours. Also, winners would receive seed funding, intensive training, and tailored mentor-ship to bring their big environmental ideas to life.
- Each winner will receive the following;
- US$15,000 in seed funding;
- US$ 9,000 in funding to communicate and capture your idea and broadcast the stories of hope and change that you’re catalysing on the ground.
- Attendance at a high-level UN meeting;
- An introduction to dignitaries at the Champions of the Earth Award Ceremony;
- Publicity and recognition through interviews and online and global media;
- Access to a community of Covestro experts offering insights and mentoring; and
- Participation in an entrepreneurial training program.
The 2019 Young Champions will be required to share their journeys through blogs and vlogs posted on this website for a period of up to one year.
For more information on how to apply, Click here