Are you searching for New Donor Partnerships and Grant Opportunities?
Deadline : 31 May 2019
The U.S. Embassy in Nigeria is seeking applications for its EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program (OFP) to identify academically qualified and highly motivated, low-income students in Nigeria.
OFP’s mission is to assist talented and determined, low-income students who are good candidates for financial assistance from U.S. colleges and universities but lack the financial resources to cover the up-front cost of obtaining admission.
OFP works closely with students through regularly scheduled meetings and seminars to assist them throughout the application process to secure admission and scholarships to attend colleges and universities in the United States. OFP finances the cost of the application process, including registration fees for required standardized examinations and provides free membership to the U.S. EducationUSA Advising Center for its participants. OFP expects a sincere commitment from the students to give their energy and time to the program so that they may achieve their dreams of study in the United States.
- Applicants are welcome from all the states in Nigeria.
- Students must be able to reach their offices in Abuja or Lagos on a monthly basis during the program for full participation.
- Participants will work with their EducationUSA Advisors from June 2019 – August 2020 to try to secure places and financial assistance to begin study in the U.S. in August 2020.
The selection of finalists for OFP is highly competitive, given limited funding. They look for applicants with:
- Strong academic record/ transcript
- Robust participation in extracurricular activities
- Involvement in [leadership] roles
- Excellent community service participation
- Financial Need
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country : Nigeria