Deadline: 30th June, 2019
AgroMall is at the intersection of digitised agricultural production support, digitised agricultural extension and digital financial services. We integrate agricultural economics, agronomy and quality control with financial services on our digital platforms turning them into powerful tools in the hands of our agents and farmers for improved farm production and financial inclusion of the rural economy.
We also work closely with our larger clients who are focused on development and improvement of the rural economy. We help them to identify and engage in opportunities, effectively and sustainably delivering on them, while aggregating individual and value chain level data to provide situational awareness to participants in the agricultural value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agric - Extension Officer
Location: Niger State and others
Department: Agency Development and Distribution
- This role is responsible for supporting Farmers, collating their data and managing relationships as Agromall representatives.
Operational and Technical Responsibilities:
- Contribute in the implementation of field network activities and supervision of Agromall projects
- Implement crop field monitoring and evaluation activities in the areas assigned
- Contribute in data collection and summary of all data from the field
- Facilitate farmers training on modern farming techniques
- Participate in soil testing
- Prepare weekly report of field activities.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of training materials (flyers, newsletters, posters) and extension manual etc.
- Support input and output monitoring through the use of our digital application device
- Carry out any other tasks assigned
Education, Technical Skills, Competencies, Working Relationships
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Agricultural Science, Plant Breeding, Crop Protection/Production, Soil Science, General Agriculture or related discipline
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in agriculture related activities
- Residents of Niger state is most preferred.
- Understanding of Agronomy services
- Relationship Management
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel and word.
- Must be able to drive a Motorcycle and communicate properly in Hausa and English Language
- Must be Tech savvy and proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Problem Solving - Job requires Identifying, analysing, organising and solving issues and reported problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Team Work - Job requires effective collaboration between team members and peers
- Excellent communication (Written, Verbal, Presentation) - Job requires good oral and written communication skills to effectively express ideas and facts
- State Coordination, Extension Coordinator, Agronomy Department, Agency Development and Distribution Department.
- Field Environment.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2019.
For more details Click here