Allium Cepa, commonly known as onion or bulb onion is a vegetable that belongs to the Allium genus. It possesses a strong and pungent flavor. There are ways to absorb the nutrients in the onions; you may eat them raw, juice them or include them in your recipes.
Aside from its culinary uses, onion has been found to contain medicinal and therapeutic properties useful to humans. It has phenolic acids, thiosulfinates, and flavonoids, which are biologically active compounds. It is a good source of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, and Sulfur.
Onion has plenty of fibers that aid in the digestion process and it possesses anticancer, antidiabetic, antimicrobial, and antioxidant pharmacological properties. It is considered as one of the greatest aphrodisiac foods; it can help increase libido, strengthen the reproductive organs, and increase the sexual stamina. Men can benefit from eating onions for its properties are primarily associated with their sexual needs and health problems. Including onions in the diet helps cure men’s diseases and male sexual dysfunction.
Here are some of the many onion benefits for men .
Onion Benefits for Men
- Onions can increase men’s fertility. Combining extracted onion juice to a spoonful of honey can help increase male sperm count. It can also increase men’s libido.
- Onions can increase the testosterone level. Drinking fresh onion extract can increase the testosterone levels in men by increasing the sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), a protein-carrying testosterone in the blood.
- Onions can help limit “wet dreams”. Onion has acidic properties that balance the natural juices in the body to help prevent premature ejaculation such as nocturnal emissions.
- Onions can regulate blood cholesterol and reduce hypertension . Obese males have a higher amount of LDL that may result in poor blood flow, blockage in the arteries due to fatty deposits (atherosclerosis). Eating raw onions can stimulate the flavonoids that reduce the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or the bad cholesterol thus improving blood circulation.
- Onions can help prevent stroke . Studies show that the antioxidants enzymes such as catalase and glutathione peroxidase in onions may help to prevent the occurrence of stroke. Onions are blood thinners, they can act as blood coagulants to prevent clots. Blood clots can lead to high blood pressure, stroke, brain aneurysm, and cardiac arrest. Eating onions can help to maintain blood pressure to normal levels.
- Onions can help prevent colon cancer . According to studies, onions can help prevent colon cancer; they have an inhibitory effect on acquiring human carcinoma (Cancer). Onion, like garlic, has anticarcinogenic properties due to its organosulfur compounds cysteine and S-methylcysteine that have found to contain chemopreventive activity for colon carcinogenesis, the initiation of cancer formation in the colon. Eating onions regularly can help prevent the growth of carcinogenesis in the cells. It is also found out that eating this bulb can help void acquiring brain cancer.
- Onions can help to detoxify the body . Onions are found effective in detoxifying impurities in the cells and tissues. They contain anthocyanins and the flavonoids quercetin and kaempferol that combat free-radicals or cancer-causing elements.
- Onions can help prevent osteoporosis and other bone diseases . Due to strenuous activities men perform daily, they are vulnerable to having bone fractures related to osteoporosis. Minerals found in onions such as calcium and phosphorous help in increasing bone mass, bone thickness, and bone mineral density making the bone stronger and insusceptible to bone diseases.
- Onions can help cure diabetes . Onions can regulate blood sugar levels in the blood particularly for diabetic patients who have a chronic elevation in blood glucose content. The allyl propyl disulfide present in onions manages the sugar level by mimicking the function of insulin in the bloodstream resulting in a normal glucose count in blood.
- Onions can boost the immune system and improve stamina. The phytochemicals in onions that include organosulfur compounds and flavonoids help to increase the antibodies in the blood to combat diseases.
- Onions can help prevent memory loss and increase brain functioning. Certain minerals found in onions repair brain tissues making it easy to process brain stimuli and restore memory.
- Onions help prevent anxiety and relieve stress . Men are more likely to suffer from mental issues and suicidal tendencies as evident by a high percentage of cases reported for the last years until present. Eating onions on a regular basis can help relax the mind for they are known to be high in probiotics and dietary fibers that act as food for good stomach bacteria.
- Onions can help prevent sleeping disorders . Eating raw onions or drinking onion extract a few minutes before sleeping can help men have a good night sleep.
- Onions can help to cure epistaxis or nose bleeding . For nose bleeding, it is advised to inhale the aroma of the chopped onion bulb or onion leaves. Few drops of the juice in the nose can stop the bleeding, but it is advised to observe proper hygiene when performing the procedure to avoid infection.
- Onions can help prevent baldness . Baldness can be avoided by simply applying onion juice to the hair to prevent hair loss. You don’t have to eat more onions to guarantee hair growth, direct application is the key.
- Onions can improve skin integrity . Eating onions can help maintain healthy and younger looking skin. Their antioxidants, antibacterial, and antimicrobial components protect the skin and it can help to reduce age wrinkles, reduce dark spots, treat acne, and can improve your complexion.
There you have it – the amazing onion benefits for men.
But that´s not all!
Onions are excellent sources of helpful nutrients that cure many diseases. They also prevent inflammatory processes associated to asthma, maintain gastrointestinal health by sustaining beneficial bacteria, lower the risk of cataract formation, reduce the risk of having neurodegenerative disorders, help to improve intestinal flora, improve absorption of calcium and magnesium due to the fructans they contain, create more antibacterial and antifungal properties, reduce the rate of food-borne illness, reduce symptoms associated with osteoporosis and improve bone health, and decrease the risk of coronary artery disease and peripheral vascular diseases.